Donnerstag, 26. August 2010

Happy Onam


I  wish you all a very happy Onam
Hundreds of years ago in Kerala reigns a King named MAHABILI. He was such a good King and adored so much by his people, that the gods became jealous. They decided that he must die. But he was such a true and good person that they allowed him once a year to come back for 10 days. The Onam-festival. Al Keralis from over the world come back home, make flower pictures, enjoy the indian music, have party day and night an eat wonderful tasty food.
This festival elephant is ten years old an especially trained to take part on festival, and stand the horrible loud drums and music just in front of him. I think he is deaf

The new kerala woman Birgit is also working to make a flower mandala as all the woman did in this days
As I promised to a lovely englishman I went with the rupture of my sinew in a wheelchair. Good Choice. First bording , first through the customs for all of the group. Here you can see Hanka, me and Inge shopping at the Dubai airport. It was really a funny experience to be in a wheelchair. Most of the people were very polite, but many don't look so deep, they nearly sat on my lap before they realised that I was there.
Namaste from India, the monsun and rather chilly days with onls 25 degrees. But hot ayurveda treatments make the time great.
Namaste Birgit

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen