Samstag, 6. Juni 2009

Domenican Republic nothing for Feminists

This beautiful, I think, Taina Indio woman is writing the name of Cristobal Colum (Christoph Columbus) on his memorial. It is in front of the first cathedral in the new world. 
What does this mean???
 Indio women could write, better than the woman now in the DOM Rep- because of the school system???
 Cristobal loved Indio woman and hoped all woman would walk naked?
Woman were lying down in front of the Spanish?
The catholic church could only be installed because of the naked women?
Round the corner on the other side of the Cathredral a small monument with the text of the enzyclica where the pope spoke against the pill, abortion...., (You all know it)
Here the whole monument with the entrance of the cathedral. I was happy to see that Cristobals head is now nothing more than the toilet for the pigeons.

When you know me a little bit you will  realize that I am really angry.
I payed a guide today for a sightseeing tour in this interesting Zona Colonial. It is the old part of the city where I could see the first buildings in the new world, like the palace of the son of Columbus the Vice gobernor of Hispaniola. This stupid man (guide)couldn't tell me much about the history but thought that I as a woman  want nothing as to go shopping. After the 3. jewelleryshop I became angry and he decided to do all his calls with the mobil. 
And I am so glad to leave this country tomorrow. Nobody will try to sell me ugly necklaces, horrible pictures or fake amber any more. 
Today this guide drove me to man who make sculptures. As material they cut down stalactites and stalacmites in the caves. This material need hundredthousends of years to grow and they destroy it for ugly stuff for tourists.
But I also met one nice guy here- read in my mext post
Birgit at home in 4 days juhu

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen