Freitag, 20. März 2009

a dream of an Island Kaua'i



This is the Napali CoastThe Coco Palms was destroyed  from a hurrican 1992. But this is the Bungalow of Elvis where he always lived when he was in Hawaii


Birgit after swimming  in the reef with a great number of tropical fish

I met here so many peaople and saw so beautiful things, where shall I start to tell you.I drove a lot with my nice little Chrysler, saw waterfalls, many plants, a coffee-plantation, lots of sugarcane and so many lovely beaches.
Under water, while snorkeling are around the reefs so many beautiful fish.
I saw monkseals, mantas,dolphines and in the distance many humpbackwhales.

this was the best part of all, sleeping after snorkeling
I met a lovely couple from Oregon on their honeymoon, after 16 years marriage. We three explored the Island and the beaches. 
I was 1 day on a ship  a beautiful coastline - Napali Coast - can only be visited by ship or helicopter. then we went to the forbidden Island Niihau to snorkel there as suddenly 3 huge mantas came to the surface.  Big whales were swimming around. Lovely was a whalebaby that jumped all the time out of the water. Yesterday I was on a Kaua'i Movietour. Nearly all the Movies with palmtrees are made here. We visited the Coco Palms Hotel. Where they made Blue Hawaii with Elvis. I stood on the bridge where he married. And an old friend of Elvis, who wrote Music for the films sang a song for us and danced with us- he is now 78. I was on the beach where they made South Pacific.
And here is Hanalei, you all know it as Hanalee from Peter Paul and Mary???????
a little help it starts with Puff the magic dragon....
Puff means- smoke
little Jackie Paper means- to roll a Joint
Then I have to practice with my Ukulele. Now I can play and sing 3 songs

And....Yesterday I met an Officer of a big Cruise and this wonderful lady will organize that I can make the Hawaii Cruise tour for the price for friends and family that means 1 week on a big Norwegian Cruiseship for 400 Euro visiting all the Islands from the waterside. 
Ifeel a little like visiting Puff the magic dragon, but I drank only 2 beers yesterday with Bruce and Leigh.
Tomorrow I will fly to Big Island and have my workshop with the friends of Susanne.
I have no hotel for the next 3 days, but a car.
Aloha
Birgit in Pacific waves

2 Kommentare:

  1. I remember singing puff the magic dragon w/you at lunch ;) That was so fun! Thanks for the memories!
    Bruce and Leigh

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Bruce and Leigh. I am now in the world of Bachata and Merengue but i still sing the songs of Hawaii and practice with the Ukulele.Some people offered me a joint, I didn't accept should I have taken it??? Too late
    Puff the magic dragon. My cousin in Wuerzburg as the book we bought.
    Is it the right book for schoolkids???
    Birgit

    AntwortenLöschen