Montag, 20. Oktober 2008

Shivas Butterball in Mamalapuram (70 km suedlich von Chennai)




Stream of life


The same stream of life that runs

through my veins night and day

runs through the world and dances

in rhythmic measures


It is the same life that shoots in

joy through the dust of the earth

in numberless blades of grass

and breaks into tumultuous waves

of leaves and flowers


It ist the same life that is rocked in

the ocean-crandle of birth ond of

death, in ebb and in flow.


I feel my limbs are made glorious

by the touch of this world of life

and my pride is from the kife-throb

of ages dancing in my blood this

moment



Rabindranath Tagore hat dieses Gedicht in seiner Gitanjali 1912 veroeffentlicht.

1913 bekam er -auch dafuer- bereits den Literaturnobelpreis.

Ich versuche in jedem Land meinen Lieblingsdichter zu finden.
Im Iran ist es eindeutig Rumi
Indien Ade

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen